Thank you to all of our applicants. The application cycle for 2020 is now closed.

Environmental Engineering and Science Foundation Community College Transfer Scholarship Program

Thank you for your interest in the EESF Scholarship Program. The EESF is the Foundation for the American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists (AAEES). Please review all eligibility guidelines and FAQs for the EESF scholarship and the documents you will be required to submit before continuing with the application process.

EESF Community College Transfer (Undergraduate) Scholarships in Environmental Engineering and Science

Two scholarships in the amount of $2,500 each are offered to students completing programs at community colleges who will be entering four year institutions to complete an undergraduate degree. One scholarship is offered for completion of a degree in Environmental Engineering or related field of engineering. A second is offered in Environmental Science.

These scholarships are based on academic performance and need.


Candidates for the EESF Community College Transfer Scholarships in Environmental Engineering and Science must be:

  • A United States citizen or permanent resident.
  • An applicant to an Environmental Engineering (or related field of engineering) or Environmental Science program at an accredited college/university.
  • Declared major in civil, chemical, mechanical, or environmental engineering or one of the environmental sciences (e.g. geology, hydrogeology, ecology).
  • Cumulative Community College GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.

Required Documents

Download the application at:
All candidates must submit with a completed application:

  • A current resume.
  • An essay of 250-500 words, "Tell us about your professional goals to protect the environment and public health and any financial hardships or other challenges you have overcome in your life or academic career."
  • Two written recommendations, with at least one from a Community College official (e.g. advisor, professor).
  • A copy of an official transcript of your Community College academic record.

Scholarship funds may only be used for university/college billed expenses such as tuition.

Back to Top